Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 year anniversary

Today was our 10 year anniversary. Tara has survived that long so far with me... I took the day off work, we got Missy to watch the kids all day. We stayed pretty busy.

This morning we headed up to the temple and did a sealing session, which was nice.

For lunch, we went to Chili's. I had the express lunch, and had Enchilada Soup. I may pay for that tomorrow. It was good food, I just don't know what was in it, I don't know if how I feel right now is a result of what I ate today, or if it's from forgetting to take my medicine today...

We wandered around Toys R Us for a bit, then went to see Prince Caspian. It's definitely a movie the girls should not watch in a dark theater, they younger girls maybe not at all. Just too intense at times for them. They know the story inside and out, but the movie at the theater would scare them.

After the movie, we went "golfing", which is code for miniature golf. Trafalga has an "outdoor date deal" where for $20 you get 18 holes of miniature golf, racing in the little race car things, a batting cage session, 8 tokens for the games, and Dippin' Dots for each of us. I let Tara have my Dippin' Dots. Tara won the mini golf by 3 strokes. I won the GoKarts. (They were rickety little things. It took me a few rounds around the track to figure I was 90% sure the thing wouldn't shake to pieces, and wouldn't tip over, then I rarely took the foot off the pedal. I passed Tara 5 times.) Tara ended up beating me on Dance Dance Revolution, Skee Ball, Hoop Shoot, and likely many other things. The place also has a family golf deal, for $20, up to 8 members of your family can come get in 18 holes of golf. Not bad.

For a late dinner, we went to Mimi's Cafe. Tara had a sandwich that was bigger than her head. I got the blackened salmon. Mine was good, I ate some of the sourdough bread at the restaurant, I may also pay for this later.

The only downside to the day is that the keys to Missy and Steve's car got lost in the last 4 hours they were here. We can't find them anywhere. They took the truck to get home, but they will very likely have a ticket on the car in the morning. I took my laser level outside, and used it as a sort of flashlight, looking for something in the grass that reflected different. I found a bunch of little pieces of granola bar wrapper out there for some reason, but no keys.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hands down, best 10 years of my life.