Monday, August 04, 2008

Crispy chicken tacos

This afternoon we watched a show where the guy was making a crispy chicken strip salad. It looked good, we fell asleep before the show was over. When I woke up, I was thinking about crispy fish tacos, and figured I would make crispy chicken tacos for dinner. They were pretty tasty. I planned to do what the guy on the show did, and make a breading with crushed tortilla chips, but the chicken strips we had were already breaded.

The recipe:

flour tortillas (we used the 'cook it yourself' tortillas from Costco)
breaded chicken strips - I was going to make a crushed tortilla breading, but the chicken strips we have from Maceys already had a breading on it, so I went with it
cole slaw
cucumber - cut into little spears

Fry breaded chicken strips until golden brown. Slice chicken rstrips into smaller pieces, long and skinny is ok. Holding tortilla in taco shape add chicken, then cucumbers, then coleslaw, and a little more chicken on top. This of course assumes that your flour tortilla is big enough to hold all that stuff.

No comments: