Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Too tired for updates

I've been a little lax around here lately, it has a lot to do with the fact that I have been completely lazy around here lately. Some topics:
  • Olympics - There were a number of races, mostly swimming, that made me rewind what just happened with the DVR. The race Phelps won by a hundredth of a second was amazing. I still wasn't sure still myself that he had won until Sports Illustrated came back the next day with the picture showing his fingers touching just before the other dude. (Soon to be a trivia question - "Who was the dude the Phelps beat by .01 seconds in the 100m freestyle swim during the 2008 Olympics?" - you can't remember without looking at this point, can you? US Men's volleyball finally got a better time slot than midnight. They've been on during the day a couple of times in the last week. In unrelated news, some people in Hong Kong have entirely too much time on their hands.
  • Gmail - They are up to 7GB 'per person', but there is an exploit out for their service where people can get your information from it. I have switched to SSL for all gmail functions, and encourage everyone to. (It's found under "settings" at the top of the page.) I also had to disable Firebug for gmail. If you don't know what that is, don't worry.
  • BBQ - On Saturday, we had a BBQ to celebrate the end of the Wii Decathlon. The Bishop ended up winning. Tara made me invalidate all my scores. We had 50 or 75 people over, a bunch of them kids. I think everyone had a good time.
  • Laziness - I've been really, really tired the last couple of days. I slept in pretty late this morning, when I went to take my medicine, I realized I had not been taking enough thyroid medicine. The last time I refilled, they had to give me a smaller dosage, I was supposed to be taking 2 pills a day instead of one. I switched to the new bottle a few days ago, and realized the mistake today. Hopefully I won't be so run down now.
  • Goals - I've been thinking that setting goals for the year, seems like a long duration. I think I will switch to a set of yearly, quarterly, and monthly goals instead. Stay tuned.
  • Vacation - I had planned to take one of girls to Seven Peaks today, after waking up late, I decided that I could take Ruth in the morning, and Mary after school. We got Ruth all ready, and went over there, the place was closed. Because school started, they are running 4pm-8pm for the next 2 weeks. That kind of messes up my plans. It is only a month until Tara and I head out for our trip. I wanted to do a conference call yesterday with Rob, Russ, and Jonathan, but I didn't get it done. I guess it will have to wait a couple of days at this point.
  • Not sure what else to say, sorry about the lack of updates...

No comments: