Sunday, August 03, 2008

Catching up to current

Only 2 blog posts this week? That is because I have been very, very lazy.

My parents and grandma are in town this week. They came for Adam's baby blessing. (More on that soon.) The Stake President had back surgery Wednesday afternoon, which afforded me all the time in the world to go up to the airport and get them. I took Adam and Ruth. Traffic wasn't too bad, but there is still no way I would commute to work for a living.

I have been trying to keep the President's schedule cleared so he has recoup time. One of the wards keeps calling with stuff. They haven't gotten all that far. Now I have someone that needs an interview next Sunday between the hours of 11am and 1pm. I say good luck to him at this point...

The truck has been not starting for a good 2 weeks now. Last week Chad got under there, he had a similar model/year truck before and had starter problems. He thought the starter cables were a little loose, and suggested pulling them off, cleaning them up, and tightening them down really well. We also tried tapping the thing just in case the solenoid was stuck open and the tapping loosened things up. The truck almost nearly sort of tried starting up while we were fiddling with it. A couple of days ago, I tried tapping less gently, which didn't seem to help all that much, except we got 2 more of the "almost nearly sort of" action out of the thing. (Drew said he is coming tomorrow morning to help work on it so that Missy and Steve can move on Saturday without having to rent a Uhaul. This would also ensure Adam has something to drive round when he is out here next month.)

Anson was over here the other day, Drew stopped by. Anson kept asking Drew if he had shot any bad guys. I guess this is a daily question. Drew doesn't seem to like the question all that much, I think it is hilarious. I think I will start asking Drew that question every once in a while. I'm pretty sure none of the girls really knows for sure what I do all day, and I don't know what questions they would ask if they did. At least they are generally happy to see me when I get home.

Kate is headed into a 2nd/3rd grade mixed class. There are mixed feelings about this. I am a little concerned that she is less than a month away from 9 right now, and there will be 7 year olds in the class. I plan to go have a little chat with the principal of the school, if for no other reason that the principle of the thing. Last year they asked us to move Mary to morning from afternoon kindergarten, I just want to establish the fact that we are in charge of things, they are not, really. We will see how things go.

We blessed Adam today. You spend 6, 7, 8 months or so thinking about what you want to say in a baby blessing, then you get there, and end up saying two of those things, the rest just comes in the moment. I'm not sure I remember all of what I said this morning. Tara, Mom, and Grandma all seem to indicate it was a good blessing, I guess I will leave that as the measuring stick. We didn't take any pictures. I fully intended to cooperate, Grandma Oaks wanted to get a picture in, but I wanted to wait for Tara to be ready so I didn't have to go through it twice. Time got away from us, and we didn't get any pictures in. We will have to stage a picture in the next few days so Adam doesn't get a complex when he is older. (Especially since he has a different blessing outfit that his sisters had...)

After church, we had a little luncheon. We still have turkey, potato salad, chips, cookies, brownies, and cupcakes left over. Come over and have some.

Kongregate.com released an update to a game. I have been trying to figure it out. Drew also talked me into signing up for a Facebook account. Facebook is kind of interesting. People you hadn't talked to in years show up there and find you fairly quickly. There are a couple of pending ones that I am not exactly sure I know, I'm trying to figure that out. They also have a dumb little game that I have been playing, trying to catch up to Drew, Amy, and Adam.

We started getting tomatoes out of the garden yesterday, I also picked one today. In about a week we will be filthy with them around here. Same with the green beans. The peppers, onions, squash, and zucchini all have a way to go. (The pheasant set some of them back a ways.)

Yesterday I did something like a dozen loads of laundry.

It's about time to get serious about trying to sell the minivan, I guess.

I will try to be less lazy about this blog in the next week.

No comments: