Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Now that I'm thinking about it...

  • Tomatoes - We have a lot of tomatoes. I picked about a third of a bushel today. We have 6 different types of tomatoes this year. At the BBQ on Saturday, I grilled some tomatoes. I sliced the tops off them, put some ranch dressing on them and topped them with cornbread stuffing crumbs. Them I let them cook on the grill until they were tender. They were pretty good.
  • The misguided trip to Seven Peaks - Ruth was pretty upset that she couldn't go in. She didn't seem to understand that they were closed. This afternoon she told me they had to be open by then, and was ready to go again. I really need to fit in a couple trips for the girls in the next 2 weeks before the place closes. Emma was kind of ticked off that she wasn't going, I told her she could go for her birthday. I am sure she will stick me to it. We took the girls to lunch instead. We went to Village Inn. The girls enjoyed it, but Ruth broke all the crayons they gave her, then peeled all the wrappers off. Lily got herself soaked to the elbows in Strawberry syrup.
  • I made certificates for the Wii Decathlon awards ceremony. We had a brief awards ceremony, with silly little medals and necklaces. I was going to make little flower bouquets to give them, but I ran out of time. I will post a copy of the certificate later tonight after Stake interviews. If you are reading this after I post the cert, you already know this...
  • I need to sell our minivan. Does anyone out there want to buy one?

No comments: