Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Emma has a lot of rage and other (nonrelated) stuff

Tara was talking to Emma last week, Emma wanted to hit something. I can sympathize. Tara told her that we don't hit people, we don't hit things in the house. Emma wanted to go outside and hit a tree. Tara talked to her about how she could come see me about hitting things, and how I broke my hand once hitting something hard. Emma then wanted to go outside and hit the grass, because the grass is soft. All I can say is, if the children don't learn the lessons of the parents, they could be doomed to repeat them. And I have a lot of lessons to teach them...

Yesterday at the election, my assistant poll manager was the wife of one of the religion teachers on campus. We have had him at our Stake Education night a few times, and a few Stake firesides. Every time he sees me, he recognizes me, and remembers that I once took a class from him. He came by yesterday after classes, and I got the same reaction out of him. I talked a little to her later about the class, that kind of thing. (She brought it up, she was quite the talker....)

Russ, Rob and I all took this early AM class together, it was a marriage prep class. (I eventually got a B+ in it, then was married 6 months later, and wanted to go back and have him change the grade to an A, since I did get married...) Anyway, this class was early enough that I was tired every morning, Russ and Rob did a pretty good job dragging me out for it. (It was the same semester as my Elementary Mathematical Statistics class, which I hated every single second of, and got a D, but that's another story, and there was no one really to drag me out to that one...) Some of the mornings we would be pretty tired, depending on what happened the night before and how late we were out. (I beleive this was in the days when I found out that Russ had a VERY powerful flashlight in his car...) Some mornings we were a little sleepy in the class. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting class, but so were some of the dreams I had in the class. One morning, when Russ and I were pretty much doozing off, (my head was definitely on the desk) we heard the professor get excited about something and start swearing. I think it was about husbands make their wives drive all the way across town to buy gas, just to save a buck or two. (Maybe Russ or Rob can comment on this, or maybe they have long forgotten...) It seemed like an interesting thing to get so excited about. I looked around (head off the desk now), and saw a number of the girls in the class with shocked expressions on their faces. This amused me at the time. (I was still framing houses at the time, I heard lots worse things every day.) I verified with Rob that he did indeed say what I thought he said, then started paying attention to what he was talking about, sleep done for the day. I have absolutely no recollection of what he talked about the rest of the class.

Anyway, what prompted this long sidebar was that I said something to this professor's wofe about taking a class from him 8 years ago, falling asleep once or twice in the process, and how he didn't seem to like it. Her response was that he really didn't like it when people slept through his classes, but he liked it less when people just didn't show up, missed exams and assignments, then came back later to try to take the test late or turn the assignment in late. Well, I dont think I did either of those to him...

No comments: