Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving isn't on Friday, but Emma still calls it Pieday.

Last Friday night, Emma wouldn't go to bed. (This happens every night, I'm not sure why Friday is necessarily note worthy in that respect.) At 10pm, I took her to Walmart with me to buy Age of Empires: The Warchiefs. (They were out, by the way...)

On the way back, I asked her if she was excited about Thanksgiving. (We hare having, Drew and Kaylyn, Tom, and Tara's family over.) She said she was, I asked her why she wanted to eat for Thanksgiving dinner. Her response:

"Apple pie, chips, blackberry pie, blueberry pie, banana pie, apple pie, I said it two times, and cherry pie."

I asked her a few minutes later what she wanted, she said: "Apple pie, apple pie, I said it twice..."

Emma seems to like pie, and really likes apple pie.
Luckily for her, I think dessert is a manditory part of the Thanksgiving meal. So far, we have a blackberry pie, a blueberry pie, and a cherry pie. I have 2 apple pies planned for the morning. I think she will be pleased.

Next time, I need to work on the latticing of the top. Now that I have done another one, I think I have figured out how to interleave the things. (You'd think I could just ask someone, but that's not my style...)

No comments: