Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Book Review

Managing Service Guard for Linux

Most people here will not find this manual useful. For those who do, this manual looks like it will be a very useful thing. It's got some diagrams in it that are not found in the materials from the Service Guard class, but are nice to see.

It's got every single planning worksheet you could possibly need to plan out a Service Guard implementation.

I actually went through this manual during the class this week. I wanted to compare what was in the manual to what was being presented in the class. I think at this point I'm ready to roll at work. The software finally arrived at my office yesterday.

It seems kind of imposing at 400 pages, but I printed it out 4 pages to a sheet, and duplexed it, so I knocked it down to a very less massive 50 pages...

No comments: