Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Great Scissors Ban - re-implemented

Tara and I have been pretty lax on our scissors ban lately. Late Friday night, Ruth came into the front hall screaming about something. The 3 middle girls had been in the bathroom, Emma and Mary took off running before Tara got there to chase them out and back into bed, Ruth was left by herself. Tara got them into bed and didn't see what was going on in the bathroom.

An hour or so later, I went into the bathroom, which was covered in hair. Some of the hair was 3 or 4 inches long. Mary, Emma, and Ruth were trimming their hair. I confiscated all the scissors I could find, and took all the scissors the girls would fess up to having. I guess the scissors ban is back on.

I guess in their defense, they seem to be getting a little better at it, if nothing else. It's not like anyone was scalped this time... I guess Ruth cut her hair then decided she really didn't like it and that's why she was screaming. It's kind of hard to take good pictures of the work done, I don't really want them thinking I approve at all, so you are left with pictures of them asleep.

Mary made herself bangs. (Again.) She doesn't seem all that sorry about it.
Emma had pig tails that night, I think she trimmed them down some. Tara tells me that there is a patch on the side she got, but it's hard to see, and I think it's on the other side of the way she is lying down tonight.
Ruth says she cut something on her hair, but it must have just been a little piece of hair, you can't really tell.

The funny thing is, I'm the one that needs the haircut, but there is no way I would have these girls cut my hair, and not one of them are anywhere near brave enough to cut my hair, either with me awake or asleep.

No comments: