Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Restaurant Review

28 Noodles
Somewhere on the Upper East Side of Manhattan

After the game, I was pretty hungry. Rob was mildly hungry. Jess wasn't hungry, but was willing to wander around looking for a place for us to get something to eat. We settled on 28 noodles, which was a Chinese/Vietnamese place. As we were going in, we got a glowing review from the lady coming out. We got there around 10:20pm, they were closing at 11pm, so we had to tell them we would hurry.

When they gave me the menu, I opened it and said "look, a big bowl of soup." They actually did have a big bowl of soup, it ended up not just being a joke. Having just gotten mostly thawed out from the game, a big bowl of soup sounded good. I got the bowl of Pho Bo. (Some sort of Oxtail noodle soup.)

The soup was really good. It was much better than the "big bowl of pho" I had several years ago. I really liked this one, so much that I was mostly full at 2/3 of the way done, but had to keep going until the entire bowl of Pho was gone.

I don't remember what Rob had, but he seemed to like it. Rob ended up paying. Thanks Rob.

No comments: