Friday, April 25, 2008

Must be all that prime rib I eat

Every 6 months at work, the wellness program here sponsors a glucose & cholesterol screening. Usually this tends to happen on days when I am out of town, I have missed them the past few years. I went 2 weeks ago, they ended up sending the results yesterday. I have been keeping the old results in my file cabinet so I can compare the next time I do one. This time they send the results with the last 2 screening I did.

My glucose level has been at the same basic level in the past 4 years, so no diabetes for me yet, I guess.

My triglycerides have been high for a long time. In 2005 they were up at 201, in 2003 they were at 181. Now they are down to 98. I guess this shouldn't be a surprise to me, since I don't have nearly so much sugar these days...

My cholesterol level has always been on the higher side of normal, but is down to 151. The HDL is finally nearly up to where it should be, the LDL is right smack dab in the middle of normal.

I guess that means I'm eating right. Or something.

No comments: