Thursday, April 17, 2008

Restaurant reviews

Late this morning, I was listening in on a conference call with some Oracle people who didn't listen well. I was getting fairly tired of the conversation when Drew called. 3 other guys in the office were in the call, Drew wanted to go to lunch, so I jumped at the opportunity.

We went to Pastorero. The service was pretty good, although I thought my pork needed to be just a little crispier. Drew seemed to like his fajitas ok.

For dinner, Tara and I went to Smokehouse. We took our little scratch off mailing thing, this time it had $10 off the meal. I ended up having the sausage/pulled pork platter. The pulled pork was good, but I don't think I will ever try the sausage there again. It tasted a lot like some buffalo meat sausage I had in Van Nuys once, it tastes ok, but just a little different. I kind of expected this sausage to have some spice to it. This didn't. (They make it themselves, but it doesn't sound like they plan to change the recipe at all.) I really like the beef brisket there, maybe I will just stick to that...

2 comments:

KayStar said...

drew asked you to lunch eh? hum..... i never got that call.... ha haha, but i love you little pergola, super cute and a good idea!

jjp said...

Maybe you should offer to pay...