Friday, April 25, 2008

Waiting for a refill

About a week and a half ago, I ran out of acid reflux medicine. On Friday afternoon I tried to call the doctor's office to get the refill done, but I couldn't get them to answer. On Monday, I was able to call in, but the receptionist acted completely put out that I was asking. The pharmacy didn't have the thing by Monday night. On Tuesday, I went up there to the doctor's office, they said that the doctor had approved the refill, and that the nurse was going to call it in sometime that afternoon. The pharmacy didn't have the thing by Tuesday night. On Wednesday I was ready for a throw down, but the pharmacy had gotten the prescriptions from the doctor's office.

It seemed like a long time to wait for a prescription. One of them was for a new Epipen. I'm glad I didn't get stung by a bee on Monday or Tuesday, that would have been awkward...

No comments: