Saturday, April 05, 2008

Book Review


Iron Man
(Based on the soon to be hit movie!)
Peter David

I started running out of things to read on my trip. I picked this book up on Thursday, not having anything else to do then. The book was ok, it looks like the movie sets the Iron Man origin story in the present day. I'm going to reserve judgment of the movie for the inevitable review after it comes out.

I'm starting to sort of get tired of all the super hero movies where they feel forced to tell the story of how the super hero started. I guess it's fine, not everyone knows the stories, but it's not like they need to do it. Super hero movies are about the action, and sometimes it takes too long to get around to it. I hear they might make a Justice League live action movie, I am really hoping they just write in a real script, and not just try to tell the back story. (Just assume we know the back story already.) I know they really just want to be able to make a bunch of movie, then make another movie to make more movie. Sometimes this works, see Spiderman. Sometimes this doesn't work, see The Hulk.

I guess the redeeming quality of the book was that it didn't bog down so far that it made it hard to read. It's in my "quick read" category.

No comments: