Friday, May 23, 2008

Birthday

Today was my birthday. I didn't make all that big of a deal about it. This morning Tara wanted me to do something I wanted to do, but nothing came to mind.

I spent part of the morning fooling around making ringtones for my phone. (I'm a pro at it now.) I decided to go into the office, because I had a server to reinstall. A secondary reason was to wait to see if a free lunch turned up. No lunch turned up, but the building secretaries came in and did an off key "Happy Birthday to You" rendition. The department gives candy bars for birthdays. I gave my candy bar to one of the students on our team. The install was on a development machine I have, I was going to install the latest version of HPUX to get ready for something that I'm going to do next month. The installation stalled, and it took me about an hour to realize that the server was too old, and the OS would not install on it. I spent the rest of the time at the office loading up the ringtones I had created into my phone and playing with it. (It was a slow day in the office, being the day before a long weekend.)

Immediately after making the blog entry about the week's proceedings, I got that email from Walmart, and decided it was time to leave. The first time I left the office, I came back for my microSD card. The second time I left the office, I came back for the email about my Walmart order.

Tara took me to dinner at Sizzler. My steak was very good.

My little Wii Decathlon seems to not be picking up steam very well. Tom was here, and entered the contest, he babysat while we were gone. (Meaning the girls ate dinner and he got to play Mario Kart Wii. That's what I would have done in his place, really.) No one else has entered, except Tara got a few races in.

While I was at Walmart, I figured out what I wanted to do for my birthday. I wanted to take a nap. I don't know if that's a bad sign or not. I didn't take a nap...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I was out of town on friday and I can't believe that i missed it. i'm such a loser.

happy birthday.