Friday, May 23, 2008

We now return you to your regular programming

I guess I should have sat down a couple of times this week and made some posts. To catch you up:
  • We had cake and ice cream for Ruth on Sunday evening. Tara's parents and her Sister's family came over. Pictures will follow soon. We ordered several birthday presents for her online. On March 18, we ordered 2 little red tricycles off Amazon. They are back ordered, and Amazon still doesn't have a ship date, but they are trying. (Other places I have tried buying things have canceled the order after this long..) We bought some scooters on Walmart.com nearly 2 weeks ago, and did their little Ship-To-Store thing. I got charged for the scooters, but I'm still waiting for the email saying I can pick them up. (Walmart is estimating sometime between now and the 28th.) I bought some night shirts from Disney's online store, they came, and Ruth seems to enjoy them.
  • The swamp cooler has been nice. It was hot at the beginning of the week, but it was nice and cool in the house.
  • I watched "The King of Kong" yesterday. It's a movie about grown adults whose sole purpose in life is to have the All Time High Score in classic arcade games. One dude is a guy who got laid off from his job, bought the arcade version of Donkey Kong, and got really good at it. Another guy had the All Time record for Donkey Kong since 1982. It was equal parts funny (as in mockingly funny) and just sad. At one point, the first dude broke the record, and was videotaping it, in the background his boy is screaming at him to stop playing Donkey Kong, he needed his diaper changed... If nothing else, I know I am not quite that bad.
  • Yesterday I got a microSD card I had ordered. I now have a bunch of music on my phone, and I finally sat down and figured out how to make and upload my own ringtones. I spent a good portion of last night trimming out portions of songs to make the ringtones. I told Tara to start thinking about what ringtones she wants, since it's relatively easy to do at this point.
  • My next 3 Netflix selections are the first 3 Indiana Jones movies, so we can get ready to go see the new one. It also sounds like they did a decent job with the Iron Man movie. We watched National Treasure 2 the other night, it was a good movie, I thought, I was a little confused at the end because I thought I missed something, until Tara said something it sounding like they were setting up for a third movie. There were a bunch of plot lines that hadn't been tied up...
  • Still waiting for someone to purchase our minivan.

No comments: