Friday, May 09, 2008

Yet another unscheduled project


My parents replaced the plumbing and hardware associated with our kitchen sink back in February. (Thanks again, by the way.) The old faucet had been dripping for some time, but I had never gotten around to looking at it. As a result, the flooring under the sink was not in good shape. I finally got around to replacing it today.

I used some laminate flooring and just laid it in there. Then I glued the front of it down to the front of the old cabinet floor. The laminate looks nice, I think. Now we've got the dish detergent bucket under the sink, and the garbage can is back under there finally. No more of Ruth standing on the bucket and falling off, and no more of Lily trying to pick the good stuff out of the garbage...

I still haven't rerouted the dishwasher hose, that will have to be a project for another time.

No comments: