Sunday, May 04, 2008

Now I really understand

We've ("We" being the Stake) been sending out letters to missionaries every month. I am sort of heading it up. We do pretty good, and have been diligent about sending them, with only a couple of late letters. On my mission I thought it was hilarious to be getting a letter that was 2 months old, or 2 at a time. When I was given the assignment to make sure the letters from the Stake happened each month, I really wanted to get them out the same month they were written, and I never wanted to send 2 months worth of letters at the same time. I remember the enjoyment of mail on a mission, every envelope counts. (I had one companion that called the travel bureau for each state to request the "Free travel guide", then branched out from there. He started getting tons of mail, I don't think the mailman appreciated it...)

So far we haven't sent 2 letters at once. I still don't want to resort to that, it would be a sad day. We have pretty much gotten them out on time, except it's May 4, and I am stuffing April's letters into envelopes. Now I understand.

I got the letter from the High Councilor 2 weeks ago, but have been busy. We just absorbed 3 wards from a neighboring Stake into ours. (Missy and Steve are now in our Stake.) We have had a bunch of meetings about this. April is also a busy time here, since students graduate and leave, lots of Elder's Quorum presidencies get reorganized, we have been doing a bunch of interviews.

I guess I shouldn't make excuses. The May letter will be out on time.

No comments: