Sunday, May 04, 2008

Walking

The wellness program at work is doing 8 different "events" this year, if you do all 8 of them, you get a $200 rebate check from your health insurance premium in January. Last year it was less events and $100, but getting the $100 was nice... I have to walk 384,000 steps in the next 6 weeks for this $25.

A new event starts tomorrow, it's a walking thing. I have to walk 8000 steps a day. They will let you substitute 30 minutes of "other" exercise for either 3000 or 4500 steps, depending on what it is. You can also count the amount of water you drink as 25 steps for every 8 ounces you drink. I figure I could just drink 2,500 ounces of water a day, and not have to walk at all, but that much water will cause LOTS for walking. (More like lots of running.) Maybe I could just drink half that much water...

I think I can count playing the Wii for this, all I need to do is pull out Tara's "Dance Dance Revolution" (her Mother's day gift, by the way), and I can get all the steps I need...

For every 2 events you complete, you can get a prize out of the Wellness store. We just finished the 2nd of the year, I am debating between a hydration backpack and a walky talky set.

No comments: