Friday, May 30, 2008

Restaurant Review

Legend's Grille

This place is in the Student Athlete Center on campus. It was put in as sort of a place where people (targeted at athletes, really) could go for a good appropriately sized meal that was fast and wasn't take bad for you. Maybe a long winded and bad description, but it's in the building where all the athletes work out, and I think all scholarship athletes get a meal card to eat there. (Not sure on that one.) The place has a nice little salad station, if you are into that sort of thing.

Anyway, they have a birthday club, where if you sign up you get a "free" meal. ("Free as in speech, or free as in beer?", you ask? I know Jess is out there saying it right now...) The coupon came, it was a buy one entree get one free. The other John in the office volunteered to take me to lunch, as long as he could get the free meal I told him maybe I would just go over there and eat 2 entrees. (He had no argument to this.)

Anyway, after Tara's appointment with the doctor yesterday, (the doctor scheduled her for induction on June 12th.) we ran over to this place to get dinner, since the babysitter was not given a return time. I had the grilled chicken plate, Tara had some sort of BBQ onion burger. My chicken was good, no seasoning or sauce, just grilled chicken in all it's naked glory. This was nice because from last Thursday or Friday to yesterday I kind of had a constant upset stomach, and I was having problems with pain. (Too much sugary food surrounding my birthday.) I didn't go to work on Wednesday, I was just feeling too sore.

Anyway, the chicken was good, I really liked their fries. They were steak fries, and you could tell the oil they fried them in was fresh. I also had corn as a side dish, they must had roasted it or something to cook it, it just had that sort of texture.

Tara says it was the first onion burger she has had where the onion didn't overpower the taste of the burger. I guess all in all it was a good experience.

Right next door to the restaurant, they have a large "Hall of Fame" trophy room. I haven't taken the opportunity to head over there yet since they put it in, but I hear it's interesting.

No comments: