Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dollar Night

The basketball team picks one game a year to offer $1 tickets for the upper bowl. I think this is basically so they can fill the place up (22K people) for the really big games.

Last year, I went and picked up $25 in tickets. The way I figured it was for us to go, it would have been lots more anyway, so I bought a bunch of tickets to invite people. We worked our way through our locally placed familes, and still had something like 15 tickets, so we invited some families in our ward here that had bunches of kids. (As in "Come to the basketball game, my treat.") It was pretty fun.

This Saturday is the $1 ticket night for this year. Unfortunately, this Saturday is also Stake Conference. For about 3 1/2 minutes this morning, I thought about picking up another 20 tickets. It starts at the same time as Stake Priesthood meeting, and Tara doesn't really want to take all the girls by herself.

Next year.

No comments: