Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stray

Some stray dog stopped by our house tonight. I had a tag for a microchip, I called the number, but the chip was still registered to a shelter or vet place somewhere around here, not a real person.

I tried to convince the dog to go home, by pointing to the street and saying "Go home", but that didn't work. The dog either didn't speak English, or didn't know how to sit. (I figure it's still not full grown, really.) I went inside, the dog continued to scratch at the door, we were talking about it, and the dog seems to have wandered off somewhere else.

I washed my hands, but my eyes are killing me now. I don't know how I got so allergic to dogs. It's not like I haven't had them around before, but I guess Max had a different type hair or something. Or maybe it's something like adult onset of allergies.

Kate has started talking about getting a pet again. (As in "if we clean the whole house, can we get a pet?") I don't think it's going to happen. (Both cleaning the whole house and getting a pet.)

No comments: