Friday, January 05, 2007

"Those who forget History..." - AKA - The great scissors ban of 2007


Mary cut her hair 3 days ago. She also cut the hair from some of her stuffed animal dogs. Tara had a talk with her about it, it appears that the talk did not stick very well. Tonight, Tara asked what was wrong with Emma's hair. It appeared to much much shorter in the back, and not so even. Emma took me to the spot where the hair was, and told me that Mary cut it. The first picture appears to include a mixture of stuffed animal, Mary, and Emma hair.

As you can see, Mary cut not a lot, but signifigant lengths of her own hair. I can't verify this was from today, it could be the results of her trying to give herself some bangs.
This 3rd picture is a large pile of Emma's hair. It looks like Mary got all the hair in the back, and trimmed the ponytail down. Now that the story is out, Emma appears to be quite upset about it. We have not yet resolved on a punishment for Mary, but I have gathered all the scissors I can find, and they are not getting them back. Mary had $9 from previous months' allowance, I'm taking Emma to the store tonight to spend it. Mary will also be paying fo Emma's haircut. Mary will also be missing her cousin's basketball game tomorrow morning.

It's a little frustrating, since it was only 3 days ago that Mary was talked to about this. I don't understand. I did punch a wall, which I think was also a mistake...

No comments: