Thursday, January 04, 2007

Slow Churned Ice Cream


The Dreyer's/Edy's people have come out with a line of slow churned Ice Cream. They say it's 1/2 the fat, 1/3 the calories, but all the same ingredients. I don't get it. It tastes the same. The only thing I can figure is that the ingredients list skim milk as the only kind of milk or a mixture of skim and regular milk. I guess if you have skim milk and mix it for a very long time, you get the same kind of ice cream.

I found out tonight they have a flavor of this stuff that's called "Take the Cake". It's yellow cake flavored, with sprinkles and frosting already mixed in. I think I'm going to have to try that stuff out if I can find it. I could take a 1/2 gallon of it, get it soft, spread it into a cake pan, and use it as the birthday cake for one of the girls' birthdays. I just have to figure out which one of the girls would appreciate it more. We told Kate she could have a birthday party for her friends when she turns 8, maybe ice cream that looks like a cake would have a high embarrassment factor...

No comments: