Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Goals in review

OK, it's been like 6 months since I talked about these, which isn't such a good thing...

The goals

#1 - Move up on the ITRC forums. I was at slot 162 to start the year, and for the first 6 months, made a lot of contributions, and got something like 500 points. I had moved up a number of slots. I haven't done much of anything in the last 3 months, I have been busy at work, and I slid back down to slot 161. I've increased my average points per answer, which is good, but it haven't been a part of the community for a while, which is bad. Some dude from Bulgaria and some dude from Vietnam are about to pass me which is also bad. I'm not sure that work will be less busy going in to this next semester... I label this one as a success, sort of.

#2 - Get down to somewhere in the 200-210 pound weight. I started out the year at 235. I got down to around 220 on my own, and wouldn't have made it this year had the doctor not put me on the crazy diet I'm on, but I'm currently at 207. This is down to scooter riding weight, if my scooter weren't in pieces at Tom's house. (I can't get him to bring it back for some reason.) 207 is 207, I can't wear any pants without a belt, and I most definitely have to get my suit pants altered before Stake Conference and Missy's wedding, so I calling this one a success.

#3 - Finish my mission journal. I really only added 20 pages to this. Failure to complete.

#4 - Finish the garden retaining wall. My wall money went into a play set for the yard this year, and I never recovered from that. This year I might be able to do it, I need to since one of the railroad ties back where I haven't done has come loose and is now trouble... Failure to launch.

#5 - Build another wooden chair. I made a bunk bed for Kate and Mary. Failure to launch.

#6 - Read 24 books. I read 14 books this year. This is kind of surprising to me, I thought the number would have been lower when I went to look at it. I've kind of gotten out of the habit, I think the fact that I haven't been walking to work in a while hurts the effort more than anything... Can I call this a partial success? It's not like reading 14 books was a bad thing...

No comments: