Saturday, December 15, 2007

Prepping for Christmas

We made the girls clean their stuff up before we went Christmas shopping, decorated the tree, that kind of thing. They finally made the cut today. We give them their normal allowance plus 10 dollars in December so they have money for presents.

I took Emma and Ruth individually to the store this afternoon for them to get presents. Emma was very discriminating in her present selection. Ruth found a type of doll, and wanted to get one for each of her sisters. (This actually made for a quick trip, so I guess I'm ok with it.)

We decorated the tree this evening. I had several sets of lights that were only working a half strand, and had to take time to figure out which light was the problem child. This took a good hour, but we got all the lights going again.

Our tree is artificial, it doesn't look really great until you get lights, tinsel, and the 5000 ornaments we have on it, then it looks pretty good. I guess you have the same kind of problem with any tree...

We have a couple of lighted deer lawn ornaments on their way from Sears. I also need to finish fixing the lights outside.

No comments: