Thursday, December 20, 2007

How they really killed Napoleon

Tomorrow is our work team party. We're supposed to be doing training during it, so we will be watching "Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Wererabbit." I decided to make them some cookies.
I started with no flour monster cookies. This batch has M&Ms only, the ones I made over the weekend had M&M's, mint chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and vanilla chips.
I microwaved festive marshmallows for a couple of seconds. I ended up starting to do only 2 or 3 at a time, to avoid a sticky situation in the microwave. It's also a very good idea to use wax paper, especially if you don't want to be cleaning your microwave both before and after the little experiment... You also shouldn't switch colors until you are ready, they will quickly blend together.
The marshmallow acted as a binding agent to stick 2 cookies together.
That didn't seem like enough to trigger a diabetic emergency, so I melted some chocolate and dipped the tops of the cookies in the chocolate.
It looks a little nicer if you drop the chocolate onto the top of the cookie instead of dipping it, but Unix engineers are not picky people...

No comments: