Thursday, December 06, 2007

Are you a Vegan?

At the dinner tonight, I went up to get my special plate of stuff, the girl eventually came back with a plate of beans, salad, and a baked potato. I thought it was a little weird the baked potato was there, we hadn't talked about it. I also had a plate with roast beef and mashed potatoes on it.

I was all the way through the green beans, and half way through the salad, and one of the supervisors of the campus catering (remember, these are students, not professionals) came up to me and said "Are you a Vegan?" The only thing I could do was look down at the roast beef on my plate. He said "Did you have the vegan plate?" I told him no, he started talking about how they brought me the wrong plate. He started to say that he was going to have to take the plate, it was the right beans, and the salad was ok. He told me he could bring back a different salad and more beans if I wanted. I said "Do you just need the baked potato?" This was what he was after, I guess they only had 2 of them. I told him to just take the baked potato, I didn't need another plate of food. He took the potato and ran.

It was kind of funny. And I'm sure they violated some sort of health code. He made it sound like he was going to take my half eaten plate of food and give it to someone else...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it certainly did. i cracked up thinking about it.

rob