Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Tonight it our Department Christmas Party. A couple of days ago, I found out who the head chef for the caterers was, and emailed him about the menu, asking about what I could eat, what I should avoid. (Both salad options had fruit.)

The guy emailed me back, listing the menu options, and what I should avoid. He offered to make me a different salad, and special vegetables without extra stuff on them. He also offered to make me a special dessert, if we could think of one that didn't have flour or sugar. I thanked him for his offer, and passed on dessert. Hopefully when we get there tonight, the servers will know about the special food and know where it is when I ask.

We are doing a load test today, they had planned to get us TJIFriday's fajitas for lunch. I hadn't really thought about it, when it got here, I decided to call to find out if it was safe. They transferred me to the general manager, who I think was looking back in their stockroom or something to look at labels. (Or had the hidden secret nutrition guide somewhere in the back.) It turns out the fajitas are on my banned list.

I went to the student center to get something to eat, the line was short at Teriaki Stix, so I went over there. I asked them how they cooked their meat, they said the chicken was just grilled, and didn't have anything in it until after they cooked it. I tried confirming that the meat was just plain chicken, not marinated in anything. They were confidant that it was just plain chicken. I asked for a bowl of plain chicken and rice. When it came out, it was clearly not just plain chicken, it's been marinated in something. I asked the girl if it was just plain chicken, her response was "yeah, there's no sauce." Stupid college students. (I've got something for Tara to eat for lunch tomorrow...)

We've had some consultants in our office the lat couple of days, on Monday they were ready to take everyone to a quick lunch, but were headed somewhere that had nothing I could eat on the menu. I stayed behind. On Tuesday, they went to The Smokehouse to eat, but I was stuck at the doctor's office, and missed them by about 15 minutes...

On the plus side, I am eating a lot of chips and salsa. Every night for dinner, I have a meat, potato (or rice), and a vegetable. I've lot about 5 pounds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

market this as a diet.

more postings please, i've noticed you've slacked off some.