Monday, December 24, 2007

Shopping on Christmas Eve

9:45 - Left the house. Every time we open the door, there is something at our doorstep. It's like magic. This morning, a can of hot chocolate mix was there from the Robison's.

9:50 - Filled the car with gas. Some guy across from me started saying something about how I was always up late. I didn't really know what he was talking about until he said that he always gets Stake emails from me at 1am. I said "Or later..." I'm not really sure who he is. He's not in one of the Bishoprics, I don't think he's one of the Elder's Quorum Presidents. Maybe he has me mixed up with Mark. Mark does the email broadcasts from the Stake Website, and is always up late too.

10:05 - Arrived at Circuit City. There is a very long line across the parking lot at the Honey Glazed Ham store. A cop was there, but it turns out he was standing in line too. (It didn't appear to be a riot.) I didn't know hams from the Honey Glazed Ham store were so popular.

10:15 - Waiting for the Circuit City guy to come back with my order. (I had ordered some photo paper online last week, it was half off.) They have a 24 minute guarantee, but it's only for orders bigger than $25. My order was $20, I'm wondering if that means I will never see the dude again, but he came back.

10:20 - The line at the Ham store is still as long as it was, it appears to be moving along ok, but people are still pouring into the place. Strange. Maybe they are all addicted to it, or it's like one of those old SciFi movies from the 70's, where the ham is mind controlling the people to eat more of it. (Foosa! They are feeding us Foosa!)

10:25 - Went to the grocery store to get some stuff for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast feast. It takes nearly 10 minutes to find a parking spot. There are only 5 shopping carts left. If you stop walking in the store, you are run over. There were about 6 containers of 18 count eggs I looked at with broken eggs in them until I found one that was good. I got the last blueberry muffin mix, but I had to fight 2 little old ladies and a 10 year old girl to get it.

11:00 - Arrived home, our magical doorstep now has 2 boxes sitting on it - One from Amy, one from Mom...

***Update***
2:00pm - Opened the front door. Package from Randy & Peggy - Hickory Farms. Tara is very excited. Nice desk calendar from President Hales also on the doorstep.

4:30pm - Opened the front door. Package with Blueberry pancake mix and blueberry syrup on the doorstep.

1 comment:

jjp said...

9:45pm - Goodies at the door...