Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Afternoon naps

I've been "on vacation" for the past week, whatever that means. (It means only 20 or so hours of work in the last seven days...) A couple of days I tried afternoon naps:

  • Sunday - I laid down at 1pm, Ruth came in and said "Dad, are you asleep?" I didn't answer so she kept asking until I did. She also climbed up on the bed with me to make sure I was awake. I ended up getting up, and got a little sleep later when Ruth was distracted.
  • Monday - I worked all night Sunday night, in the late morning Monday I could not stay awake at all. I don't count Monday's nap as a real nap, since it was total blackout. I hear there was all kinds of noise all around while I was asleep, but I can't confirm it.
  • Today - I tried taking a nap, but my phone kept ringing. I would fall asleep, the phone would ring. Then I would fall asleep, and the phone would ring again...
I guess I will have to go back to work tomorrow, where I can get a proper afternoon nap...

No comments: