Friday, February 29, 2008

Tara Gone - Day 3

Ruth got up first this morning, normally when she gets up in the morning she goes to talk to Tara. (She normally only tries to talk to me when I'm sleeping these days if it is the afternoon and I'm taking a nap. I think it's one of those things where she will only risk waking me up if it's daylight and she knows what she's headed for and the escape route is clearly defined...) A few month ago, Tara and I were talking about how Ruth always comes in to wake her up, we switched sides of the bed for the night. The next morning Ruth came in, (I woke up when she opened her door) walked over to the side of the bed where she expected Tara, found me, said nothing, and went to the other side of the bed to talk to Tara. It was pretty funny. Anyhow, Ruth came in this morning to visit Tara's side of the bed. I'm ok with that. She laid down on Tara's pillow and slept for another hour.

Lily woke up from her nap very agitated. She just wouldn't calm down. We called Tara, Lily talked to her for a little bit, and was back to her normal happy self again the rest of the afternoon.

The girls watched a Goofy DVD from Netflix this afternoon. It was mostly those old sports episodes they did with Goofy. Emma thought it was absolutely totally hilarious. She kept busting up laughing.

I spent the evening at the church, we had Stake Education night. When I got back, the girls were all asleep. I'm not sure how this one particular babysitter does it, but every time she watches the girls, they go right to sleep. I put them to bed, and it's "2 monkeys and a ping pong ball" for a number of hours after that. Maybe I tired them out by making them clean Lily's bedroom this afternoon...

At the Stake center this evening, after the event, the Ringers were talking about how they had dinner at Smokehouse. The Bishop and the Stake President were talking about the virtues and vices of various vegetables. I really hadn't made specific dinner plans to that point, and wasn't all that sure there would be energy to make something, I might have been on the road to shredded wheat and bananas. After all that talk at the church, I came home and made steak, rice pilaf, and corn.

Things seem to be going ok. I need to ask Missy if she can come over Sunday morning to fix the girl's hair. That way they don't look mangy at church...

No comments: