Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tara Gone - Day 1

Tara left. She just walked right out of the house this morning.

At least that's the story I tried to pawn off at work this morning. No one really claimed to believe it. Tara's actually gone off with her sister to visit her brother in Oklahoma City. I'm here with the girls. There are bets on whether or not I will survive a week alone with the girls. There are also bets on whether or not the girls will survive a week alone with me...

I took Emma, Ruth, and Lily to work with me this morning. They were celebrating International Pancake Day today, the girls each got a pancake. Ruth took hers, tore it to pieces, and tried to stuff it into a tape drive on a very old Sun server one of my coworkers has on his desk. (I stopped her, mostly.) After the majority of my office got defaced, we went to go get milk and go home to get Mary. I fed them lunch, as soon as each child looked and/or claimed to be done with their lunch, they were shuttled off for nap time. I actually got 3 out of 4 of them to take naps. Emma was the holdout, but I put on a audiobook from the ipod for her in the room she was in, she at least didn't come out.

When Kate got home, I got them to clean the back room so they could get a surprise. The surprise was that they got to play outside for an hour. They seemed to enjoy being outside. (It's pretty much dried out around here now.) I took the opportunity to re-arraign the back room. Tara wasn't here to stop me.

Kate claims to have gotten her homework for the day done, I haven't followed up yet. I'm not sure if Mary did any homework. I wasn't here at all, so I have no idea what the bedtime routine tonight involved...

Missy and Steve came over tonight to watch the girls so I could go to my meetings, Missy ended up calling in the middle of the meetings. I thought that was weird, because she doesn't usually call, so I slipped out to call her back to see what was up. (Fire, blood, other bodily fluids, etc) Missy's question was: "How do you get the Wii turned on?" I'm ok with the question, the Stake Relief Society president was amused...

Long story short - Survival on both sides of the fence today...

No comments: