Friday, February 29, 2008

Tara Gone - Day 2

Ruth has decided that anyone who is not currently in the house has "gone to Oklahoma." Mom is in Oklahoma. Aunt Missy is in Oklahoma. Kate is at Oklahoma...

Lily appears to have accepted the changed in the back room. She's still penned in, but she doesn't seem to mind as much.

I got into some food I shouldn't have yesterday (yes, I'm referring to myself the same as you would some naughty puppy...), I'm pretty sore today. Also, I didn't feel the best at the beginning of the week, I tried resting earlier in the week, but it didn't stick. I thought it was just about gone yesterday, but it's pretty much all the way back again. (The worst part is a sore constricted throat, with the feeling that something needs to cough up, but nothing comes.) I guess my consolation is that with 12 hours of work today, I'm not doing any tomorrow. (For those counting, that's 12 hours of work on a day off...)

The girls (meaning Mary, really) cleaned Ruth and Emma's room this afternoon. As a reward, I took them to eat at Chuck-A-Rama. Thursday is make your own taco day. Normally Chuck-A-Rama is ok, today the food was kind of not all that fresh. Even the stuff they brought from the kitchen seemed to be a little warmed over. Maybe we caught them on a bad day. The girls really like the slurpees out of there. They seemed to enjoy eating there, plus I didn't have to cook or clean up after it. Tomorrow I plan to get them to clean Ruth's bedroom by bribing them with pizza.

When we got home, I went to change Lily's diaper, I found all kinds of boiled egg. Down her shirt, in her diaper, that sort of thing. It must have gotten away from her at the restaurant. Not much else did...
Where'd we find this kid?

No comments: