Sunday, February 24, 2008

Long receipts

I don't understand why receipts from stores are sometimes so long. It drives me crazy to go to the store to buy 20 cheese sticks, and have the cashier scan them each individually. The designers of the checkout system allowed for entering in multiples of items, why not scan one and multiply it by twenty. I suppose that would involve counting, which some people just don't want to do. Or they are really tired and don't want to get things wrong. Who knows.

2 weeks ago, I found myself at Sears with Tara, we bought 2 shirts for her, and a new winter coat for Kate. When the receipt printed, it just kept going and going. I thought it was a joke or some sort of problem with the cash register, but the girl took all the paper, folded it up, and stuck it in the bag.

I found these receipts today and measured them. It ended up being 41.5 inches long. For 3 items. I think Sears holds the record.

No comments: