Friday, February 15, 2008

Left to my own devices

I went to the doctor yesterday. He's letting me off the diet to eat as I see fit. What he really wants is for me to pay attention to what I eat, and look for triggers for the pain to see what causes it to get worse. (Food, environment, weather, etc.)

He said I should be careful about how I use sugar, but it likely wasn't necessary to stay completely off anymore, and I could regulate it myself. He thought I should take it easy to start.

So I'm not out eating doughnuts right and left, even though I've seen several good looking ones today, but I tried a little sugar free ice cream yesterday, and a little sugar free frozen yogurt today. (I couldn't have the artificial sweeteners before, either.) It might be a while still before I try breads...

No comments: