Friday, February 15, 2008

Restaurant Review

Tonight my Mom was going to make Chicken, Steak, rice, and broccoli for dinner, but Amy and Drew's families bailed out, and took Peggy and Adam with them, so Mom decided to hold the food for Sunday. (The fact that the meat still had to defrost at 3pm factored in...)

We ended up getting a babysitter, and going to Golden Corral. There were 7 of us, all adults, and the place was packed, so they were in "please wait to be seated mode". We got taken to a table by a wall, but it was really a 6 seat table, not a 7 seat table. They had pulled a chair over to the side, like they would for a high chair or something. I nearly went after them to refuse the table, but several members of our party started making comments as if they didn't want me doing that, so I sat down.

The place was busy, which is good for Golden Corral, which is good because the food is rotated out faster. But not the Fried Okra. People must not have been eating that stuff, because it didn't taste all that fresh.

When we were ready to go, I asked the server if he was going to give me a balloon, since they made me sit on the end like I was some little kid. He refused my request. He said "No, you're fine. You don't need a balloon." I guess that's that.

No comments: