Monday, February 18, 2008

New faucet

Last night I was supposed to be at work doing some patching from 10pm to about 2 or 3. I was there until 8am, but it wasn't my fault, and this is not the topic of this post.
When I got home from work, Drew was in the kitchen with Dad already pulling the faucet out. I had looked at it several months ago, but didn't put enough effort into it, and didn't figure out how to get it off. Drew and Dad made short work of it.

We went and got a new faucet and disposal, and Dad put them in this morning. I was trying to help, but I was really tired. When it was time to go back to the hardware store to get the bendy collapsible pipe, I was too tired to go, and went to bed. Dad did the rest of the installation without my interference.

The new faucet is really nice. It's got lots more pressure than the old one, and as an added bonus, the hot side and cold side are not crossed in this installation. (It was backwards from normal in the old one.) In the next couple of days, I will lay down a new shelf under the sink... I'm sure the disposal is very nice, I just haven't started pouring things down it yet to see what it can do. (Plus it's not like it's a paper shredder...)

4 comments:

Dave said...

hmm... that may not be a bad project to do at my house... we currently do not have a disposal and our faucet could use some work too.

Pro Payne said...

I think that Amy has some good pictures of Evan helping put in the plumbing.

Anonymous said...

I even got something out of it, when i got my tools back there was this really cool screwdriver with all kinds of bits in it....

jjp said...

I wondered where that went.

Mom figured Dad would really want one of those if he saw it...