Sunday, July 22, 2007

Reading Speed (not speed reading)

I read at different speeds depending on what type of reading it is.

For example:
  • my normal, every day, regular reading speed is a page a minute
    • This includes non-fiction that it's particularly engaging or complex
  • my "This book is an easy read" speed it more than one page a minute
  • my nonfiction and very interesting or complex is about a page every 2 minutes
  • scriptures are about a page every 3 or 4 minutes, unless I'm not paying that much attention to it.
  • Log messages usually just get skimmed for the error message I'm looking for and stuff related to it, those don't really count
Not that any of this means anything, but you can tell what I'm reading just by timing me. I've been reading Tara's Harry Potter book this evening (from the front, not the back), and I'm already to page 200...

No comments: