Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cake. Birthday Cake. Not that it is anyone's birthday here.

Last night at 1:30 in the morning, I decided to make a layer cake with a layers of banana cake, chocolate cake, and strawberry cake. Fortunately for me, and for Tara, I decided to go to bed instead of staying up making the cakes.


I ended up making the cakes this evening. The banana cake had real bananas. The strawberry cake had real strawberries. The chocolate cake had chocolate chips. (Real ones.) To please the girls, I put sprinkles on top.


Today is my brother Dave's birthday. Before I let the girls have any cake and ice cream, we called Dave up and sang happy birthday to him. Then they dived into the cake, with some strawberry ice cream. Reviews were very positive. I had some crumbs, which was all I could handle, but what I tried was pretty good.

Happy Birthday Dave. The girls are very glad you were born all those years ago today. I guess thanks also should go out to Mom, who was a little involved that day.

No comments: