Saturday, February 07, 2009

Customer Service

Tara bought me (among other things) a new blender and a new coat for Christmas. She got these at Sears.

I make a lot of frozen fruit shakes. (Frozen fruit of some sort, maybe a banana, some milk, and that is all.) This has replace ice cream in my life, wish I can't really have any more.

We had a nice blender that someone gave us for our wedding. It has been wearing out lately. Too many fruit shakes. The blender that she got me was nice. It featured "wave action", and ripped right through all the frozen fruit that I threw at it. Last week, I pulled the thing out off the dishwasher, and the plastic had warped. The wave action still worked, but the risk was that it would come spraying out the top, since the lid no longer fit. I had gotten rif of the box a few days before the blender melted.

The coat she got me was nice, but 2 weeks ago, I finally stuck my hands in the pockets, and one of the pockets had a huge hole in it.

Tara had the receipt still, so I took both things back to Sears today. The lady at the counter seemed a little concerned about the blender, and went to get another sales person, I guess to validate that it could be returned. Some guy came by, she asked if he was ready to relieve her so she could go to lunch. He told her he was just on his way out. She told him that a hour ago he was supposed to go on break, and she had family downstairs at the Red Robin ordering her food. He told her he was a diabetic, and walked out of the store. She came back, processed my returns, and gave me cash, no further questions asked.

I am sure that I would have gotten the returns processed anyway, but I am also sure that the thing happened lots faster when that dude made her mad. And I got cash, "which is just as good as money." Hopefully she got to eat lunch today...

No comments: