Thursday, February 12, 2009

Standard Breakfast Fare

About a month ago, my doctor put me on an antibiotic. He was concerned that the antibiotic would make me feel better for a while, but make the pain in my gut worse later. (His theory about me is that I have had an overgrowth of bad bacteria in my gut from time to time, which contributes to the fibromyalgia problem.) He was worried that the antibiotic would kill off good bacteria, and make me worse. I didn't want this to happen, so at the same time I started the medicine, I also started eating an Activa yougurt every day.

I have to say, I felt pretty dang good as I took the antibiotic. I had a gut ache in one form or another for maybe up to the last 2 years. This went away. So far, it hasn't come back, which is nice. I keep eating a yougurt every morning just in case that is helping things out.

The yougurt is kind of sweet tasting still. I usually have a big drink of water to wash out the sweet taste in my mouth. Today I had vanilla. I washed it down with a Diet Pepsi, I was kind of sleepy this morning.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I seem to remember someone making fun of me for drinking diet Pepsi...at least I don't drink it for breakfast.

jjp said...

No, that was Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi. There is still a purpose to Diet Pepsi...