Saturday, February 14, 2009

Go Dog Go!

This afternoon I took Ruth, Emma, Mary, and Kate to a play. It was an adaption of the book Go Dog Go. The director of the play is a guy that used to be in our ward, not that it means anything.


The girls liked the play, it was 45 minutes long, which was just about right for the attention span Ruth had in her. After the play, they had a 'meet the cast' thing, the girls went down and talked to all the people that played the dogs. Their favorite was the pink poodle, and they got their picture taken with her.

Earlier in the day, I was trying to explain to Ruth what a play was, I finally said that is like a TV show, expect real. About 30 seconds later, Ruth said "Dad, I don't understand that thing you just said. TV is not real?" Then we talked about how Dora and Boots may or may not be real. It sounds like Ruth thinks that there is a possibility that Dora and Boots can come out of some crack in the TV right into the living room.

We settled on the play being done live, right in front of us, but I think Ruth was just humoring me by that point...

No comments: