Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Steak Contadina


Last year, I went to a restaurant named "Carmines" in Times Square. At the time, I called it mob food. I need to apologize for this. It wasn't mob food, it was food made by "the family".


Carmine's published a cookbook a few months ago, I ordered it from Amazon last week, and it came today. It has lots and lots of good sounding recipes in it. Tonight I made Steak Contadina. It was very good. Very, very good. There was plenty, I full intend to eat more for lunch tomorrow. (You may or may not get a picture of the leftovers, but I am sure the smell will drive everyone in the office crazy, since I plan to eat it all.)


This recipe took me an hour and a half to make. Tara was willing to wait all night to try it, the picture in the cookbook looked very good. I think if I made it again, I could get it done in an hour, but I have another 100 recipes or so to work on from the book. I want to try to make their spaghetti and meatballs...

3 comments:

Mom said...

Are you going to post the recipes too? Maybe on the other blog for family recipes?

jjp said...

I think that would violate the copyright in this case...

jjp said...

But I can bring the book with me next time I come out there, and we can make it.