Monday, January 09, 2006

The day the laptop died

Today is the day my laptop died. More to the point, it looks like my video card died. It makes it a little hard to use the laptop. I had to do 'first day of school' server monitoring from a 3 year old laptop normally used for configuring switches. It wasn't all that fun, but I did get to take my laptop completely apart and put it back together again. (And I didn't even have any pieces left over when I was done.) It takes 2 working days for Dell to get the new parts in, so I have a little laptop to use until then. They had Windows installed, but didn't install any ethernet drivers. I don't know exactly what they were expecting me to do with a machine that can't get a network connection, but it's working now...

At this point, they aren't sure if the new laptop will be here before the old one is fixed, but one way or another, things should be fixed in a couple of days. (Including the previously explained processor spedd flapping.)

No comments: