Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Speaking of Lunch...

Was I speaking of lunch?

For lunch we went to the Cannon Center. The main course was sweet and sour pork. This was not tempting me at all. I figured they would have the burger bar open, and I could get a hamburger. They didn't, and I couldn't. They had Italian chicken, the person making it did it upside down and made a mess. Is that the way they eat them in Italy? Maybe it explains a few things.

The minestrone soup was good, and I had hash browns with chili on top. I washed it all down with a pile of mixed vegetables and vanilla custard, but not at the same time.

It was a good thing I had lunch. I started walking home from work, had plenty of time before I had to be at the Stake Center, and decided that I was close enough to the library and had enough time to stop. I ended up walking out of there with about 6 books, a Superman book on CD, and a Superfriends DVD. My backpack was very heavy the rest of the way home, and I only had time to change clothes and leave again.

Stake meetings went almost to 11pm. The Stake President kept getting more and more behind. I must have knocked on his door a hundred times trying to get him to finish up. I even sent people in and told them I would knock when their time was up. They finally came out 25 minutes after I started knocking, thinking it was hilarious. Anyway, the lunch made up for the lack of dinner.

No comments: