Friday, January 06, 2006

How to waste time - one method

I haven't been feeling well this week. I had pink eye, then got some sort of chest cold/sore throat. At this point I am feeling 'almost' all the way better.

So what have I been doing this week? I have been wasting time. The only useful things I did this week was one day of work from home, Stake Presidency meeting on Wednesday, and reinstalling a computer for Drew today.

Other than those things, I have been sitting in my chair playing computer games. Drew brought over Age of Empires 3, I played that for 2 days straight. This morning my laptop started the old 1600Mhz/600Mhz processor speed flapping problem, the game really didn't work all that well. (And I couldn't get the laptop to stop.) Otherwise, it would have been 3 straight days of AoE3, and Drew's machine may not have gotten reinstalled.

The other place I play computer games is the MSN Games section. They have this fairly new thing where they have a badge album for the badges you earn playing games. Usually it's easy to earn a couple of badges in the games, harder after that. I currently have 272 badges in my badge album, in about 10 weeks of collecting them.

Drew took back his game today, and I don't plan on being in my chair all weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, John,

I think you should mention the "What would John do?" method. Anytime I want to get hospitalized or almost arrested, I just say to myself "What would John do?" and then plunge ahead.

jjp said...

You know, in some situations, some people would say "What would John do", then do the opposite....