Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year, and I need t o drink more water.

Happy New Year! Is anyone out there? If so, I hope 2006 is better than 2005. Not that 2005 was necessarily bad for you, but things can always get better, right?

When I'm at work, I drink plenty of water. I have a 32 ounce water bottle, and a 24 ounce water bottle there. Lately, I have been drinking 2 of the 32 ounce bottles a day. Add that to the water I end up getting during the day, and I am getting plenty.

On the weekend, I don't get as much water in me. It shouldn't be all that much harder, but I don;t have a water bottle sitting directly in front of me at home. As a result, I get a little thirstly by the end of the weekend. Weekends like this are 'long', so there are more days. Then when I work from home on the front or back end of a long weekend, (or both), I get even less water.

New Year's resolution #1 - drink more water at home.

I took the Christmas decorations down tonight. I was going to wait until tomorrow, (the long weekend...) but then I decided it would be easier to get everything put away properly if the girls were not involved. Now instead of helping me take down the Christmas decorations, they can helpme finish cleaning the house. Luccky them.

I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday, completed it before "the end of the year". I started late, and some would say I cut it close, I prefer to say it was timed just right. Anyway, Tara wantedto go last Monday to get a treat for finishing (She read it outloud to the girls, they finished last Sunday.), but we didn't. It was partly because I hadn't finished yet, it was mostly because the girls were all in the car screaming at us because they were so tired.

Tara's brother got a new scale that also measures your body fat and water percentage. I used it,it told me I was 30% body fat, and only 50% water. He is a half inch taller than me, and 45 pounds lighter, it told him he was 30% body fat and 50% water. I'mpretty sure neither of us are 30% body fat, and I'm fairly confident that I do not have 45 pounds more muscle than he does, even if he is sort of bean-pole-ish.

No comments: