Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I fell off the (diet) wagon

Or maybe I was pushed....

I got talked into going to the Cannon Center for lunch today. The conversation went something like this:

Karl: "John - I'm hungry." (while rubbing his stomach)
Me: "So am I, but I only have 3 dollars." (The fact that I am doing the Weight Loss Challenge has already slipped my mind.)
Karl: "I have plenty. Are you in?"
I grab my coat.

Now, I didn't have breakfast or lunch yesterday. For dinner I had pasta, and I didn't have breakfast today. EVERYTHING looked good at the Cannon Center. I ate too much. Then I had dessert. Then I had little more dessert. I have to do more walking.

(I did walk to work this morning, I did walk over to the Cannon Center, I plan to walk home, and I will be much to full for dinner before Stake Presidency meeting, but somehow I don't think it will make up for it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skipping meals is NOT the way to lose weight! You'll only slow down your metabolism and make weight loss even more difficult, not to mention get so hungry you'll overeat. Eat 6 yes SIX SMALL and NUTRITIOUS meals a day. (or 3 small and nutritious meals + 3 healthy snacks)

Walking is great.

Good luck!

jjp said...

So now I have to preface my remarks. I almost always miss breakfast. I very often miss lunch. It's not a diet thing, it's a long standing habit thing.

Thanks for the good wishes.