Monday, January 23, 2006

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. What does it mean when your tax liability is zero?

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes. - Ben Franklin

I just submitted our taxes tonight. Last year we got $3500 back, I raised our number of exemptions by 3 hoping to reduce our refund. It didn't really work. This year we get a bundle back also. Don't bother asking for it, it's earmarked...

A good chunk of it goes to bills. (like always, right?) Tara is getting $300 spending cash, I am getting $300 spending cash. (I am getting a nice framed picture out of the distribution center, a miter saw, Superman the animated series - season 2, and maybe not much else. I'm sure I thought of something I wanted to get, but I have forgotten again.) We need to get a tune-up, safety and emissions, and registration done on the car. Past that, we are doing food storage, new car seats, maybe a new dresser or two, and I was thinking of having the girls pick something they really wanted. (Mary really wants Wonder Woman season 2.) The rest is being saved for "Vacation 2006".

Anyway, hopefully the returns come back soon, then let the spending begin!

Another quote from Ben Franklin - He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.

I'm not trying to do everything, it's just nice to have a little to spare once in a while.

1 comment:

~ Amy said...

You already did your taxes?? How do you do them? We were thinking about buying TurboTax this year....wish we could get a bundle back...we're just glad when we don't owe. This year our property tax doubles so we are hoping something will offset it.